Monday, January 7, 2008

Don't Worry Be Happy

Yes, that is what we keep telling ourselves........
It all started when I was very tired for the last month or maybe even more. I mean, I am always tired, but I have been REALLY tired lately. I thought to myself, "well, it is true, I do have a thyroid problem." Well, as some of you may know, I work for the State Health Dept but only on a prn basis now. I do feel very fortunate to be able to work from the comfort of my home and be able to spend all the time with Zoey that she needs. However, one day, on the Friday after Christmas I was called in to work at our clinic in Provo. I was very happy to do this as I love to get out of the house and have a change. I had been really tired the WHOLE day and so before I went home around 5pm I decided I should start "ruling out" reasons why I have been so tired. So, I did what any person in the medical field would do, I took matters in to my own hands and took a pregnancy test to "rule that out." I mean come on, there was no way I could be pregnant. I am on "the pill." So, just to make sure, I took the test. I went about my business and continued getting ready to go home and then went into the lab to check the test and it said POSITIVE. I mean, it was practically blinking at me. At first I thought, "no, this must be wrong." So, I took another test, and another, and finally another, this time with blood. AND, it was positive on all four accounts. So, yes it is true, we are expecting another little baby in our household.
We are excited, but I must be honest and say that this is entirely different than when you plan theses things. Totally unexpected. I was very scared at first. Lots of thoughts came into my mind like finances, what will Cory think, where will we put the baby, when will I sleep, etc.
Anyway, here is our story. I am not sure the exact due date but it should be around August 15 if my calculations are correct. I can't get in to the doctor until Feb. 5, so no baby photos yet.
Don't worry be happy!!! That is my moto. Everything will be just fine! I will keep you posted and thanks for reading. :)

9 comments:

the coltons said...

yay for baby dunn!!! :)

Cynthia said...

Felicidades!!! You guys are gonna do fine. We love you and we are sooo happy for you!

Carrie said...

We are sooo excited for you! We can't wait to meet our new little neice or nephew.

Josh said...

I am keeping my fingers crossed for a boy so that ours can have a buddy!

Lamb Family said...

Congratulations! I am so excited for you! I love the don't worry be happy theme!

Lauren said...

Yay!! I'm so excited for you! I love babies, so if you ever need me to help watch him/her...let me know :)

The Christians said...

Congrats Danae, having two kids is great!

Anonymous said...

I can't tell you how excited I was when Corey told Scott the news. That is seriously HAPPY news! You make very cute kids. You're right, don't worry, everything will be just fine. Good luck adjusting to the idea of being pregnant and having 2 kids.

Anonymous said...

I'm so happy for you. Another baby is coming. yeah~ : )

love you,
Linda : )