Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Random Pics

These are just some random pics that I have taken recently of the kids. They are both doing good. Colston of course is growing like a weed. He is not just getting chubbier, he is getting longer and longer. Poor guy has long arms so none of his shirts are long enough in the arms. Hopefully he will be a tall basketball player or something. Zoey can't decide if she wants to be a cheerleader or a baseball player when she grows up. It changes every day. I guess she could do both.

Okay, so here is a question. I feel bad for asking this but I have to know if any of you moms out there with two kids felt really annoyed by your first child after the second one came along. It seems like Zoey turns into a little stinker as soon as Colston wakes up or needs any of my attention. She is more whiney than she has been in a long time and I sometimes I just feel like shutting her in her bedroom! I feel bad, but she has got to stop being so crazy! Any suggestions?

I must say she is very cute with Colston. She loves him very much and insists in being in every single picture with him.

Here they are, my three favorite people in the world, ready for bed.
Sink bath. I didnt feel like getting his tub out, which he is getting too long for.
And, Zoey just had to hold Colston and take a picture. Neither one seem to think it was a great idea. Poor Colston, hang in there buddy!

4 comments:

Alicia said...

Those are such cute pictures Danae. I have a lot to say about the older child with the second child. I also just think that kids are harder once they hit about 2 1/2. You should see Brie every day. She does get sent to her room often. Good luck. Hang in there. It certainly is a tough transition.

Carrie said...

I love how Colston's eyes look like he just can't see enough. It's like he's just taking everything in. I can already tell he's a smarty.

I really think 2 1/2 is a hard age. Micah still gets sent to his room almost every day. With him, we just have to be really consistent. He gets warned once and then sent to his room. He lets us know when he's ready to mind and then he can come out. It has worked really well.

Nikki said...

While I've only been a mother of 2 for a week and a half, I've been tending a little 1 1/2 year old for over a year now. It seems like Marshall does much better when I make time for him while she naps. It's so so hard when I'm tired, but if I devote even just a half hour to him while she's asleep in the morning the day goes so much smoother. We play a game, build a train track, destroy robots we make out of megablocks, you get the idea. Anyway, give it a try. I'm not looking forward to the whole adjustment myself. Also, I would say stay consistent with discipline. I just read a great book called 1,2,3 Magic, it's awesome!!!

Sarah said...

I totally know how you feel. I felt like Jane went out of her way to be extra annoying just to get attention. It's just hard but she will adjust. And then it's still hard. Cute pictures.