Saturday, May 31, 2008

One CRAZY Week

One crazy week it was. It all started about a two weeks ago, I think. I was at JC Penney with my sister and Zoey and all the sudden Zoey just threw up all over and had diarrhea all over. So, I was thinking to myself that it was just a 24 hour bug and she would be fine by the next. NOPE, it lasted a total of 7 days. Every night she would get worse and worse. Finally I took her to the doctor because I was afraid she was getting dehydrated, he seemed to think she was okay, but warned me to watch her closely. She had not urinated in about 16 hours, which really made me nervous. She was not keeping anything down. I tried popsicles, water, gatorade, everything I could think of to keep her hydrated.

Here she is eating a popsicle and wearing one of my shirts. She had thrown up on all of her pajamas so I had to go to the last resort. Besides, she loves wearing my T-shirts to bed.
Well, I decided to take her to the hospital on Wednesday morning because I just knew she was getting dehydrated. I was thinking they would put her on an IV for an hour and send us home. NOPE, that hour turned into 24 hours, which then turned into 3 days!!! Yes, poor little Zoey had to be in the hospital for 3 days. It was awful. She was such a trooper and did so good. All the nurses loved her and though she was the sweetest and cutest thing. I told them, just wait til she starts feeling better and you may change your mind!

She was so cute about her IV, she knew it was giving her fluid so she could go home soon. She even went to the bathroom on the toilet while she was in the hospital. She is getting so big.
Anytime someone came to visit she wanted them to hold her. Poor thing, you can see the sickness and boredom in her face.
This is after she put on some lipstick that Grandma gave her to use in the hospital while she was there. So pretty.
We were so excited when we finally got to leave the hospital. We had a trip planned to St. George that we were planning on leaving Wednesday night, we didn't get to leave until Friday after Zoey was released from the hospital. We left straight from the hospital to St. George. Zoey was great. There was a complete turn around once we got to St. George and she got to play.

We stayed in a condo in St. George with my brother and his family. Too bad it was in the 60's the entire time!! Just our luck! We had to entertain ourselves the best we could. Above is Zoey talking on the phone, or at least pretending anyway.
We took them to the park at the condos and Zoey had a blast on the swings. BUT, it was freezing so we didn't stay out there long.
We even attempted taking them swimming in the so called "heated" pool. They looked so cute in their swim suits and those yellow things.
Here is Zoey standing by the balcony one morning .
Zoey and Teagon on the balcony in the morning.


We went to Las Vegas one day and took the kids to the Mirage dolphin exhibit. I highly suggest that if you are ever in Vegas, you visit this place. The kids loved to see the dolphins. They have it set up so you can be as close to them as you want. Above is a picture of me and Zoey next a baby dolphin. It was so fun. Yes, I am getting the water weight already!! :(
Here is Cory and Zoey looking at some more dolphins.




We had to get a bite to eat. We went to the Hollywood __________, cant remember the name. It was more expensive than we thought. Just a regualar fountain drink was like $3.50! But the food was good.
More pics at the dolphin exhibit.
They were getting a urine sample from one of the dolphins and we got to watch. It was fun.






Here is Zoey and Teagon playing on our last night in the Condo. They had lots of fun.
In the car. I got to sit inbetween Zoey and Teagon everywhere we went. It was fun, I love both of them. I was amazed at how my nephew Teagon could entertain himself. Zoey just mostly fell asleep.

Here is a pic of the pool just outside the condo, that we NEVER got to swim in because it was too cold. Oh well, maybe next time.
Here we are in front of the condo getting ready to leave. It was fun. I am glad we went and had that little vacation. It was a LONG week and we needed the break from every day life. I hope we get to go again, but this time there will be sunshine and we can swim!!






9 comments:

Sarah said...

Poor Zoey. I can't believe she had to be in the hospital. What did they do to keep her still? Maybe she was feeling so crummy that she didn't want to move. I'm glad she is better and that you still got to go on your vacation. What are the chances it would only be 60 degrees in St. George.

Lamb Family said...

Well it's awful zoey had to go to the hospital but at least she was rewarded with a fun trip to St. George! You look so cute with your little pregnant belly!

Nikki said...

Oh, poor Zoey, and poor you! Luckily you got to get away after it all. I love Vegas and spent every summer down there at my dad's. It could be a whole vacation in itself. How are you feeling?

Scott B. said...

That is so sad that Zoey was so sick! Poor thing. I can't imagine how worried you must have been and then to have to sit with a 2 year old confined to a hospital bed! Yikes. Sounds awful. I'm glad you got her there though and that she got better. And especially that you got to have such a fun vacation. I would love to do the dolphin exhibit. That looks so fun.

How about a Bees game?

- Alicia

Adam & Jetta said...

Poor kid, so glad to hear she's bounced back and doing better. And super excited to see some preggo pictures! :) You look great!

Jessica Macdonald said...

I feel so bad for hope she is okay. Your family is beautiful.

Jake and Sara said...

Hi- Sorry to see that Zoey had to go through all that. It was good to see all of you this weekend. You look great! Hopefully this comment lets you link to my page, if not I'll have to give the address..as you can tell, I'm still not sure how all this "blogspot" stuff works. :)

Talene said...

Hey, it's Talene. I was just leaving a comment so you could get to our blog. Thanks again for the great reunion and all the work you put in it! jandtdavid.blogspot.com

I'm excited to keep in touch!

the coltons said...

okay, it's definitely time for a new post :) you're bordering on a month now!