Saturday, September 6, 2008

He is Finally Here

Well, he is finally here. Yay!! Since we didn't get in on the 28th to get induced, we were bumped to September 1st. It was a really great day to have a baby. My room had big windows that looked out at the mountains and I loved laying there watching the rain outside. It was a really good day. BUT....since I had an extra weekend before the baby was coming, I decided I should take advantage and go have a mommy daughter day with Zoey. I am so glad I did this.

I took Zoey to Discovery Gateway and I am so glad I did. She had a blast. It was fun to just cater the whole day to her.
Here she is on the 3rd floor building something out of these sticks. I love Discovery Gateway because it helps kids learn how to use their imagination.
For lunch she wanted a corn dog so we went to the fountains with my sister and she ate her corn dog there.
Then finally the day had come. I was induced around 8:30 or so, I can't really remember the time. Colston Cory Dunn was born at 4:52pm and as cute as can be at 7 pounds 12 ounces. He is already so much fun and a really good baby.
Here we are as a family right after I had Colston. I don't like posting pictures of me because I look awful. I hate how having a baby makes you look and feel so puffy!
Zoey is so excited to have a brother. She loved him the minute she saw him. I love this picture because it shows her excitement.
Kissing little Colston. Zoey loves, loves, loves to give him kisses. It is cute.
Here she is at the hospital with my dad holding Colston.
Sound asleep.

Sleeping on Daddy.
First time in carseat...asleep.
Asleep in the swing.
Asleep on the couch.
Asleep, asleep, asleep. Yes, as for now, he is probably only awake for about 2 hours a day. All he does is sleep. Which I guess is nice for Zoey so she gets more time with Mommy.

I am doing really good, the delivery went very well. I am just really tired all the time.


16 comments:

Lamb Family said...

He is so cute! Congratulations! Seeing Zoey with him makes me so excited to see Ty with his sister! Please let us know if there is anything I can do to help you!

Carrie said...

I love the picsof baby Colston. He is such a cute baby. I can't wait to see him again. Yesterday, Micah saw a commercial of a baby boy and he said, "There's baby Colston." It was really cute. We're all so excited to have another boy in the Dunn family.

Nikki said...

Danae, he is so cute! Those pictures of Zoey and him are adorable. Good luck with everything!

Josh said...

Congrats! We are so excited for you guys! Zoey look so excited in all the pictures and looks like already loves her little brother.

Sarah said...

He is adorable! Congratulations! I hope that you are getting some rest.

the coltons said...

i love that family picture of you guys. i hope you don't mind we posted about him already - kind of stole your thunder :) congratulations, again, and plan on me coming to see you guys soon! maybe "cake" will finally play with zoey :)

Dalton Family said...

What a good looking baby! Congrats!!! I'm so excited he's here!

Lauren said...

Oh my goodness, he is SO CUTE!! What a good older sister Zoey is going to be!

The Christians said...

He is beautiful! Congrats!!

Jake and Sara said...

I bet you are so happy not to be pregnant any longer! I am so glad he is here! When Jake gets back from Louisiana, we'll have to come see you guys! I am glad all went well! Congrats!

Lindy T! said...

My oh My!!! He is so cute! I am glad that he is finally here and that all is well. Zoey really does look so excited, wish we could be there to see it! Congratulations!

Katie Lane said...

yay congrats!! So glad that Zoey is doing well with him. Sam is adjusting to Jack, but probably not as well as her. Good luck!

kersina said...

Congratulations on your new addition! You've already got one incredibly cute kid! I bet you're excited to have another one.

Roundy Crew said...

That's an extremely cute boy. And you DON'T look "puffy." What a fun day at the Gateway you two got to have. I LOVE the pictures of Zoey lining up the cleaning supplies. I can see her talking to them. She's so pretty.

Toni said...

He is so precious! He almost makes me baby hungry! Almost! Congratulations!!!

Alicia said...

Yahoo! I've been so excited to see pictures of him. Congratulations! We are so thrilled for you. He is adorable and so is Zoey as the big sister. We really want to come visit and meet him. We'll give you a call. I hope all is still going well.